Discover the Benefits of Giving Wisely
A gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
Learn More »
Meet Our Donors
Baptist Homes Foundation received notice that it is the beneficiary of a portion of the Estate of Suzanne H. Langford... Read More »
Since 1910, Baptist Senior Family has understood that exceptional health care is more about caring than it is about cost. For more than a century, we have been dedicated to providing care for individuals who lack the financial means to obtain the care that they need. We are able to do so through generous contributions to our Samaritan Fund for Resident Assistance.
Baptist Homes Foundation was established in 1986 to promote the mission, vision and values of Baptist Senior Family and to serve as its fundraising arm. While the Samaritan Fund remains our principal fundraising focus, we also make every attempt to address the capital needs and obtain the special tools and programs necessary to enhance the lives of those entrusted to our care. We currently have four ongoing funds:
- Samaritan Fund for Resident Assistance (annual): Our principal focus in support of our Benevolent Care Program. No one has ever been asked to leave because they have depleted their resources through no fault of their own.
- Employee Appreciation Fund (annual): Regulatory authorities prohibit employees of Baptist Senior Family from accepting gratuities, so to demonstrate thanks to the unselfish dedication of our employees who carry-out our mission and provide the highest level of care for those entrusted to us, Baptist Homes Foundation conducts an annual employee appreciation campaign.
- Capital Campaign(s): Dependent on needs, Baptist Homes Foundation seeks support for non-budgeted equipment or services in order to provide the highest quality of living for our residents.
- Endowment(s): Funds to assure our ability to provide care and services for future generations.
We offer a variety of giving tools that take into account the needs of our donors as well as the needs of those we serve. For example, some of the gifts we accept provide lifetime income for a donor and/or spouse. Others provide significant federal charitable income tax deductions that can enable a donor to leave more to heirs or more efficiently convey a family business to the next generation. Whatever your circumstance, we have a way that you can leave a legacy of caring.
We invite you to review our website to learn about the ways you can help us deliver our mission, and the ways we may be able to assist you in creating a legacy.
For being an important part of the lives of those we serve, thank you.
Simple gifts that make a difference:
- Give a gift of cash
- Designate your gift in honor or memory of loved ones
- Designate your gift for a particular department or program
- Give a gift of matured stocks, bonds or mutual funds
- Support our annual charity golf invitational and other events throughout the year
- Contribute through the United Way, Contributor Choice Code No. 233
- Join the Baptist Homes Legacy Society with:
Contributions can be made with MasterCard, American Express, Discover and VISA (you will be directed to our secure PayPal website to make your gift). For more information, please contact the Foundation Office at 412-489-3502, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail contributions to 500 Providence Point Boulevard, Pittsburgh PA 15243-1075.
Baptist Homes Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the highest level of security technology when processing credit card transactions. To guard against fraud, your information is encrypted so that it is available only to our financial office for processing. At no time is this, or any other donor information, made available to any other party. Because, under normal circumstances, charitable contributions are non-refundable, Baptist Homes Foundation does not have a refund policy, and there is no product to ship for your donation.