7 Reasons Why Christians Give
The world is full of generous people, who give for a variety of reasons. But as Christians, our motives for giving come from a Biblical perspective on wealth and generosity.
We give because…
- We know our wealth isn't really ours anyway. It all belongs to God.
Everything in heaven and earth is yours. (1 Chronicles 29:11)
- We believe the Bible tells us to give.
But since you excel in everything…see that you also excel in this grace of giving. (2 Corinthians 8:7)
- The Bible tells us that giving is good for us.
It is more blessed to give than to receive. (Acts 20:35)
- We know God is pleased with us when we give.
Do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. (Hebrews 13:16)
- We take care of one another within the family of God.
Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. (Romans 12:13)
- When we give to others, it's as if we're giving to Jesus himself.
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. (Matthew 25:40)
- We know we can't keep it forever anyway.
For all can see that the wise die, that the foolish and the senseless also perish, leaving their wealth to others. (Psalm 49:10)
The truth is, more never made anyone happy.
If you would like to discuss the ways God is leading you to use the resources he has blessed you with, feel free to contact us at any time.