The Baptist Homes Foundation
To serve and make a difference500 Providence Point Boulevard, Suite 204, Pittsburgh, PA 15243
The information contained on this or any Baptist Homes web site is not intended as legal or tax advice. Any U.S. federal tax references contained herein are not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Persons considering entering into a planned gift arrangement to support the Baptist Homes Foundation's mission should consult with their personal legal and/or tax advisors for guidance.
Furthermore, it is Baptist Homes Foundation's stated intention to:
- Conform to all federal, state and local laws and to employ all generally accepted accounting principles related to gift solicitation, receipting and fund disbursement. Disclosure statements shall be issued to donors of all trusts and appropriate planned gifts in accordance with the rules set forth in The Philanthropy Protection Act of 1995, 15 U.S.C. 80a-51 et. seq., as amended;
- Comply with all federal tax law including the Internal Revenue Code, as amended by The Pension Protection Act of 2006 and all Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations regarding gift substantiation and disclosure;
- Comply with the Charitable Gift Annuity Exemption Act, 10 P.S. 361 et. seq., which defines the terms under which charities in Pennsylvania may issue charitable gift annuities; and
- Comply with the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act, 10 P.S. 162.1 et. seq., and the following statement will appear on solicitations and publications: "A copy of the official registration of the Baptist Homes Foundation may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement."
Erin E. Engel
Director of Development
Baptist Homes Foundation
489 Castle Shannon Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
(412) 489-3502 | Fax: (412) 489-3501