Gifts of Personal Property
How It Works
- You transfer a valuable painting, antique, or other personal property to Baptist Homes Foundation.
- Baptist Homes Foundation may hold and display the property or use it to further our mission.
- Baptist Homes Foundation may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for our ministry.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by Baptist Homes Foundation to carry out its mission.
- In certain cases, you can use personal property to fund a life-income gift that provides you and/or other loved ones with an income now and benefits Baptist Homes Foundation in the future.
- Without using cash, you can make a gift that will immediately prosper God's work.